Co-ord derives from the word co|ord|in|ate:
noun. matching items of clothing ; matching separates, set of clothes.
verb. match or harmonise attractively, to be compatible and complement.
It is a trend that has been walked on the runway and the streets at fashion week, a trend that will never go out of style because of its ease of wear, simplicity and no fuss attitude.
The existence of co-ords is great! Just slip on the top and bottom and you are dressed! It’s quite annoying in the morning when you are running late and don’t know what to wear, or have picked a top but don’t know what to pair it with. This is where the chic and stylish co-ord is a means of escape from such unpleasant situations.
Here are some tips on how to choose a good co-ord outfit:
- Simplicity! A simple co-ord is smart and tasteful. Keep a co-ord simple and minimal, avoid dramatic detailing such as belts and frills and search for good quality fabrics and textures. Smart choice of fabric is key – this will guarantee your comfort (you don’t want to be wearing an itchy outfit through the day) as well as the quality of your outfit.
- Fit plays a huge part – an unfitted co-ord outfit can make the style take a turn for the worst. Make sure both counterparts complement each other and flatter your body shape.
- Colour code: avoid extremely excessively shocking colours and patterns unless your aim is to look extremely excessive and OTT. A uniform colour that suits you and subtle contrasts in the detail – whether it be a soft floral print or outline of a pocket is the way to go.
- Mix the match: The co-ord doesn’t just have to be worn together. If you wanted to mix it up, separate the counterparts and wear with other styles if you get bored. Just remember there should be a common thread between the ensemble.
- Less is more: keep accessories simple and minimal.
Get in on the trend with our Sophie Striped Tee and Sophie Striped Short available in two colour ways perfect for a cool hint of sporty vibe.